You have too many orders. You have too few orders. Your stock didn't come in on time. You forgot to invite a major proponent of your business to your company holiday party. Etc., etc., etc.
Feeling stressed out yet, small business owners?
The holidays are notoriously difficult for small businesses. But there are ways to keep the stress to a minimum, notes Entrepreneur Magazine. In fact, they've gone ahead and compiled a list of six ways you can keep the frenzy at bay.
1. Get organized. Though we're well into December, it's not too late. Save yourself the anxiety and make a to-do list, update your calendar (both work and home), and note what is working (and what's not) to plan ahead for next year's holiday hassle.
2. Communicate. Don't hesitate to let your clients know (courteously, of course) that you're running a bit behind. In fact, most businesses are a little slower around the holidays. As the article puts it: "They'll understand."
3. Say "Thank you". Make sure you keep a personal touch consistent even throughout this busy season. Customers appreciate it—in fact, that personal touch might be the reason they shop small/local.
4. Ask for help. It's not a weakness. In fact, it can be a considerable strength. Put your pride aside and ask for help, assistance, and advice from those you trust.
5. Give yourself a break. Even you deserve to enjoy the holidays, believe it or not. Put some time aside for yourself for shopping, family time, a yoga session—whatever will keep you going through the stress.
6. Set boundaries. Keep that all-important work/life balance. Just like it's a great idea to put aside some time for yourself, it's also probably a good idea to not wholly neglect your business. Don't be afraid to let your family and friends know (politely) that you may need a few private hours each day during the holiday season to keep your business afloat.
Read the entire article here.
And while we're at it, we have a seventh tip:
7. Take advantage of the toolbox full o' services that Bowtie can offer. Our Virtual Receptionist can triage your calls and save you time. Our remote call forwarding can deliver your important calls wherever you need them. Our bulletin board service can let your clients know that you're taking a well-deserved holiday break. Because the less you have to worry about, the happier you'll be.
Image via atomicShed.